Monday 24 February 2014

My Top 3 Favourite Foundations


Hello everybody. So I am currently on semester break (I am in my first semester at Uni studying 'British Studies') and I am bored out of my mind. So I thought: "Why not create a blog?!" and ...here we are. Wow. This is going great so far, isn't it.
Anyway, today I would like to introduce you to my top 3 favourite foundations. Now just FYI, I have acne prone, dehydrated and very sensitive skin, so basically the best preconditions for any foundation...not. But as you might be able to tell from the title, I have found three foundations which work very well with my skin.

So let's jump right into it. 

[1] Number One - Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation

This foundation claims to "reawaken and illuminate your skin with a radiant glow and a natural looking finish", whilst providing peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising Complex. 
Now, I don't know about the Vitamins and peptides and whatever but it does give my skin a glowing, natural finish without looking cakey. Yet, it still manages to cover up all my zits and blemishes and glides smoothly over any dry patches without accentuating them.
But please keep in mind here that I have dry and dehydrated skin, so this might look very differentyl for those of you with oily skin. 
It doesn't claim to last very long, but it lasts about 6 to 7 hours on my face and that is often good enough for me.
This is the most affordable foundation out of my favourites and you can get it in the drugstore for about 8 to 10€.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation 100 Ivory


 
Rimmer Wake Me Up Foundation swatch in the sunlight 100 Ivory
Swatched on my arm it can look quite shimmery/ glittery but I don't notice a big glitter effect on my face.
This foundation is in the colour 100 Ivory and since I have very fair skin, this is about two to three shades darker than my natural skin colour, but I find I can make it work if I really blend it down my neck. 

[2] Number Two - Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Out of all the foundations I have tried, this is my absolute favourite one.
It has full coverage, which is perfect for me because like I said, I have bad acne all over my face. And it lasts the whole day and I am talking 12 - 14 hours here, okay?! And that is without setting my face with powder, because I find I don't need it with this foundation and I actually prefer it without the powder, because even a little powder just makes it full on matte. So even if you have oily skin, or maybe especially if you have oily skin, this might be something for you. But I think this foundation works for everyone.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation 1N2 Ecru
 I have this foundation in the colour 1N2 Ecru, which is a neutral shade and the lightest shade available in Germany. That being said it is still one to two shades darker than my natural skin tone but again I can make it work when I really blend it out. I also own the shade Fresco, but that is just way too dark for me and only works in the summer when I am super tan (which for me is Mac NW 25 or something, ha!)
very right: Swatch Estée Lauder Double Wear Ecru
It is a high end foundation and with around 40€ more on the expensive side, but definitly
worth it in my opinion. I absolutely adore it. 

[3] Number Three - Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

This is the only mineral foundation that I have ever tried and I really like it. 
I must say I always shied away from powder foundations and their, which I thought inevitability matt fininish, but I do really like this foundation, especially on good skin days and in the summer. 
It doesn't leave my skin feeling or looking dry or tight but rather glowy, but not overly glowy, if that makes sence. It just gives a very natural finish and in my opinion it is light to medium coverage. 
With around 43€ I find it to be on the little more pricier side, but it will last you a very long time.

laura mercier Mineral Powder Soft Porcelain
This foundation is in the lightest colour, Soft Porcelain, which has a slightly yellow undertone and fits me perfectly at the moment (it's winter).  



On the very right: laura mercier Mineral Powder Soft Porcelain
In this picture it does look quite glittery but I promise you it just gives you a slight glow when you wear it.

Thanks for reading! Until next time, Julia



 



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin