Tuesday 1 April 2014

How Much Is My Face Worth?

I JUST read a blogpost and sad as I am it really excited me, so I thought I HAVE to do the same. This is such a cool idea and I think everyone should do one of these! Basically if you wanna know how much money you have spend on your face alone, you add up the price of all the products you use on a daily basis and out comes 'How much is my face worth?'. To be honest, I am a little scarred to do this, because I already know that it will be a lot of money and I don't really know how I'll be able to justify this. But I am gonna do it anyway, because ... I'm a rebel like that ... haha

Now on some days I use more than this and on other days I use less, so the price obviously varies. But over all, this is what I use on my face on a daily basis. Let's start with the base.

EsteĆ© Lauder Double Wear Foundation Ecru - 40€
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder Sandstorm - 5€
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 15 - 6€
Real Techniques Stipplig Brush  - 13€
Real Techniques Buffing Brush  - 13€  

This is pretty standard in my daily routine. I apply foundation, which is always Double Wear, because it's full coverage and stays on 18+ hours, and I apply concealer to brighten my under eye area. On rare good days I can get away with only the Fit Me concealer. And to seal everything in I use a powder. My foundation I apply with the stippling brush and my powder with the buffing brush.



Maybelline Colour Tattoo On and on bronze  - 8€
Benefit High Beam (came in a kit)  - 30€
Nars Bronzer Laguna  - 36€
Sephora Eyelash Curlers  - 12€
Real Techniques Contour Brush  - 13€

The last few weeks I have really enjoyed using bronzer again. I also like to mix my foundation with a little bit of High Beam, so my complexion doesn't look dull. For a little colour on the eyelid I use a Colour Tattoo, easy. Curling my lashes is also a must. The brush I use for blush and sometimes extra contour for those puffy days.


Maybelline The Falsies Mascara  - 13€
Lancome Blush Subtile Palette Rose Flush  - 42€
Burt's Bee Lip Balm Pomegranate  - 4€
Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush  - 10€

Mascara, standard. For blush I like to use the one from the Lancome trio, it's so soft and velvety. Lip balm is a must for my dry and chapped lips. My concealer I like to blend with the deluxe crease brush.

Ok, are you ready?! The grant total is: 232, 13€. That would be 320 USD or 192 GBP. Oh my. I feel a little guilty but at the same time incredibly fortunate and grateful that I am able to afford things like that. I think sometimes we don't appreciate the things we surround us with everyday enough and it's easy to forget how lucky we are to be in such a position. So today I am going to be extra grateful for all the small things I usually take for granted. Showing gratitude. It's a good thing. 

What do you think? If this whole 'project' excited you as much as it excited me then...welcome to the loser team haha just kidding! But I would really like to see what you use on a daily basis and how much money you spend on your 'daily face'. 

- Julia xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I would dread to even think about how much 'my face costs'!

    http://obsessedwiththelittlethingsinlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow who knew it adds up to be that much, might have to try this one but bit scared haha xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah please do, that would be fun to see! :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin