Friday 3 October 2014

Updated Evening Skincare

My skin condition pretty much changes with the seasons and therefore I like to update my skin care two to three times a year.

First things first: I got to take off my make up and all the dirt my face likes to collect throughout the day and for this step I like to take good old coconut oil. Unless you have been living under a rock, you must know by now how many benefits coconut oil has and it works great as a first step cleansing balm
I like to rub it on my dry face and really massage it in, to get everything off that doesn't belong on my face, like oil (oil attracts oil), dirt, make up, primer, sunscreen and all that fun stuff. Then using a clean face cloth and running it under hot water, I take everything off. 

After that I cleanse my face with the Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser. I like to use a better cleanser for the second round, because I don't just want to use it to get my make up off but to actually benefit my skin. And I simply take it off with water.

Then comes my favourite step involving acid toners. 
This step is so crucial and really makes the biggest difference in my skincare routine. I like to switch between the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Salicylic Acid, the Paula's Choice CLEAR Anti- Redness Exfoliating Solution 2% Salicylic Acid and the Alpha H Liquid Gold. 
I use the Liquid Gold only two to three times a week, because it is very strong and I use the other two exfoliaters the rest of the week.
Acid toners help with acne, blackheads, red scars, fine lines, they minimise the appearance of pores and they help your face absorb whatever product comes next better. 

Sometimes, when I have a lot of extra time, I like to use an exfoliating mask on top of that, for example the Avene Cleanance Mask.

The next step is eye cream, I especially like the Hübner Augenbalsam plus, because it contains hyaluronic acid and last but not least I use the Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream for very dry skin.

- Julia xxx


 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin