Friday 16 January 2015

Product Empties #3


It is exam season, wohoo! And so I do what I do best, procrastinate. This time I want to show you which products I have used up over the past few months.

Dr. Stuart's Detox Tea: dandelion root, burdock root, peppermint and spearmint are supposed to detox the body. Do I believe in it? Not really, but it tasted really nice. Repurchase: Maybe.

Garnier Body Repair: this one is for really dry skin, so it is very rich, yet it is quickly absorbed by the skin and doesn't leave any greasy residue. Repurchase: Maybe.

Alverde Body Butter: again this one is for very dry skin. It is a litter rich than the Garnier body repair, since it is a butter. It stays longer on the skin, which I like, and leaves your skin silky smooth. Repurchase: Yes.

Dove Original Deodorant: nothing special to see here. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. The smell is quite powdery. Repurchase: No.

L'Oreal Elvital Nutri-Gloss Crystal Shampoo: this one has glitter particles in it to make your hair look extra shiny. Didn't really work on me, but it is a decent shampoo nevertheless. Repurchase: Nah.

Lavera Face Moisturiser: Your box standard moisturiser. No fuzz. It has very few ingredients and is very gentle, yet moisturising. If you have super sensitive skin, I would recommend this to you. For me it was a little too 'simple'. Repurchase: Not at the moment.

EOS lipbalm: the red one. Strawberry, maybe? I like their lipbalms, they are 99% natural (I think) and stay on my lips for a long time. Back in my Roaccutane days, this and Aquaphor were the only products I would use on my lips. Already repurchased.

Batiste Dry Shampoo: 3 of them. I am not a HUGE fan, however they are the best I have tried so far. They leave my hair feeling quite heavy, the smell is completely overwhelming, in a bad way, no matter which one I have tried so far. They also leave a white cast on my hair, which I really have to work in until it is invisible. Repurchase: Until I find something better, yes.

NYX Blush Taupe: Love it. It is the perfect contour shade for pale skinned people like me. Repurchase: Yes.

L'Oreal Telescopic mascara: This has always been and probably will always be, my favourite mascara. Very lengthening, not so much volumising. Repurchase: Yes.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: This is the best setting powder I have tried so far. It wears beautifully throughout the day and doesn't look cakey at all. Repurchase: YES.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: This was a decent concealer. Light enough colour-wise, but too light in coverage, in my opinion. Repurchase: No.

L'Oreal True Match Concealer: in the shade 2. This has a very yellow undertone, which I love, and has a good, medium to full coverage. Already repurchased.

p2 Mascara: Could be a dupe to the Telescopic one, but it is not as good an dried out very quickly. Repurchase: No.

CD Deodorant: Aluminium free. That is the only upside to this one. Repurchase: No.

L'Oreal Elvital Oil Magique: this is the best hair oil I have tried so far. Makes a huge difference to my haircare regime. Repurchase: YES.



The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleanser: I really like it. It left my skin feeling smooth and it was very gentle. But I ran out of this soo fast! Repurchase: No.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturiser (Intense): This was such a lovely night time moisturiser. Very rich ans smooth. Felt very luxurious on the skin. Repurchase: Maybe (b/c of the price).

Lavera Milk Cleanser: I am already on my 6th bottle of this. Do I need to say more? Repurchase: Always.

Micheal Todd Charcoal Mask: Very gentle, yet purifying. Because it contains hyaluronic acid, I didn't find it drying at all. Unfortunately it is really hard to get your hands on here in Germany, so repurchase: no.

Rituals Tai Chi Shower Foam: to be honest, I was a little disappointed. I heard so many great things about their shower foams and in my opinion it is simply overpriced for what is does. And the smell wasn't great either. Repurchase: No.

Balea Shower Gel and Peeling: I don't think you can go wrong with Balea shower products. So affordable and they do what they promise. Repurchase: Yes.

Weleda Cold Cream: Not an everyday moisturiser. This one is really thick, so more for cold rashes and what not. The smell was lovely. Repurchase: No, bit only because I have my beloved Aquaphor.

Dolce&Gabanna The One Rollerball: LOVE it. It smells quite vanilla-y, but also quite woody. Some described to me as, when you smell it on a cold winters day, it makes you feel warm. And as strange as that might sound, it is true. Repurchase: I asked for the bigger version for Christmas, so yes.

Lush American Cream Conditioner: Very lovely smell. Like cupcakes. And it left my hair incredibly soft, especially since it doesn't contain silicons. But it is quite pricey. Repurchase: Maybe.

Guhl Hair Shampoo for Sensitive Skin: I like Guhl shampoos. Apparently the are concentrates, so you only need very little product. Unfortunately this exact product left my hair feeling a bit dry. Repurchase: No.

Chanel Moisturiser: I'm sorry, I don't remember the exact name of this one! But it was how you would expect Chanel products to be. Repurchase: No, unless I'll win the lottery.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder: Didn't love this. It didn't really mattify my face and it didn't last very long. Repurchase: No.

Catrice Eyebrow Gel: Love it. It has fibres to fill in any gabs and it comes in two different colours. Basically a dupe to the Benefit gimme brow. Already repurchased.

Hübner Augenbalsam: I wanted to like it because it contains hyaluronic acid. But I am not too sure about it. It was quite moisturiser, though, but I am not sure if any other moisturiser would have had the same effect. Repurchase: Maybe, one day.

Paula's Choice BHA 2% Exfoliater: This was the very first exfoliater I used, therefore it will always have a special place in my heart. But I have to say that I am not blown away by this, despite the great reviews on the PC Website. Repurchase: No.

The Body Shop Aloe Vera Moisturiser SPF 15: This one broke me out when I first tried it. Then I gave it another try after my Roaccutane course and it was fine. I liked it, because it contained SPF. The smell really put me off. Repurchase: No.


I am sorry this was a long one! I'll speak to you soon. Oh and also, this is my very first post for 2015, so happy new year! :D

- Julia xxx


 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin