Sunday 31 January 2016

Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation



When I first moved to Barcelona my skin broke out horribly due to the humid weather and polluted air and what not. And even though I love my trusted Clinique BB Cream for blemish prone skin, I wanted something even lighter that would benefit my skin instead of clog it up in this wheater. 

So I did some research and found out that Bare Minerals foundation supposedly is a natural, mineral foundation that is so pure that you could even wear your make up to bed. Now, because I never sleep in my make up, I can't confirm this, but what I can say is that it never once broke me out even after wearing it for 14+ hours in the summer heat of a big city. If I did that with any other foundation I have tried so far, like Estee Lauder Double Wear, L'Oreal True Match, or even the Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation Powder, I would wake up the next day with a huge zit on my cheek. Not with this foundation, though. When I apply it it feels more like skin care than thick and cloggy make up and it even covers up my acne scars without any problems (unlike the lady in Sephora tried to convince me), and it still lets my skin shine trough.

It does have a bit of a difficulty covering up gross, crusty zits, especially if you want to full coverage it can look quite cakey, so you have to be ok with a medium coverage. I also wouldn't recommend this if you have super oily skin, as the skins natural oils break through after a few hours, which I quite like as I have dry skin. 
I use the lightest colour fairy light which is still a tad bit too dark for my pale skin, but I just blend it down my neck with what's left on the brush and it is not a problem. What I also like is that it isn't red toned but more on the yellow side which counteracts the natural redness in my skin.
The brush I like to use for a light to medium coverage is the Real Techniques Buffing brush and for more of a full coverage I like to use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 

 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin